Losing somebody that you care about due to the actions of another individual or entity is a challenge nobody should ever have to experience. At Sargon Law Group, we are here to help if you need a Chandler wrongful death attorney. Our compassionate team will take the time to listen to your story and then work strategically to formulate the best plan moving forward. We want to make sure that you and your family recover the compensation and closure you need.
Why Turn to Sargon Law Group?
- At Sargon Law Group, our team understands the difficulties families face when they file a wrongful death claim, and we are here to help every step of the way.
- We handle wrongful death claims in Chandler on a contingency fee basis, which means clients pay no legal fees until after we recover compensation for their losses.
- We make sure that families always have access to their attorney so they can ask any questions or raise concerns as the case moves forward.
In addition to wrongful death cases, Sargon Law Group provides legal services for personal injury cases, car accidents, truck accidents, traumatic brain injuries, and motorcycle accidents in Chandler.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Chandler?
When we examine the wrongful death law in Arizona, we can see that only the following individuals are allowed to file a wrongful death claim in court (Arizona Rev. Stat. § 12-611 (2021)):
- The surviving spouse of the deceased
- Any surviving child of the deceased
- A surviving parent or guardian of the deceased
- The personal representative of the deceased’s estate failing on behalf of a surviving spouse, parent, child, or on behalf of the estate if none of those people can file
In the event the deceased individual is a minor, the parent or legal guardian is allowed to file the wrongful death claim on their behalf.
Compensation for a Successful Wrongful Death Claim
There may be various types of compensation available to family members and estates if the wrongful death claim is successful. Our attorneys work to recover both economic and non-economic damages in these cases.
Economic damages for a wrongful death claim in Chandler revolve around calculable expenses and typically include recovery of the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills associated with the injury
- The value of any lost wages or benefits the deceased would have provided had they lived
- The repair or replacement of any property damaged in the incident
Non-economic damages are not as easily calculable as the economic losses just mentioned. However, these types of losses do put a dollar value on the more intangible damages families experience. This includes:
- Loss of the individual’s love, comfort, companionship, and guidance
- Loss of household services and chores the deceased provided
- The emotional pain and suffering of any survivors
There is no set amount of compensation individuals receive if their claim is successful. Rather, each case is evaluated on various factors, including the age of the deceased, how long the deceased would have lived under a normal lifespan, the occupation and education level of the deceased, and more.
Call a Chandler Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
If you have lost someone you love due to the negligence of another individual or entity in the Chandler area, the team at Sargon Law Group is ready to get to work today. Let us investigate the wrongful death incident and then work diligently to recover the closure and compensation your family needs. Our Chandler Wrongful Death attorney is available for a free consultation. Fill out our contact form or call us at (623) 225-5635.