Ridesharing has become one of the most popular ways to get around Arizona’s major cities, including Glendale. Unfortunately, ridesharing companies such as Uber and Lyft do not always prioritize the safety of their passengers. If you were recently injured in a Lyft or Uber accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The Lyft And Uber accident attorneys at Sargon Law Group can help you pursue the financial recovery that you need to move forward from this type of accident. Call (623) 225-5635 for a free consultation today.
How a Glendale Lyft And Uber Accident Lawyer Can Help
Uber and Lyft are powerful companies with the resources to put toward avoiding liability for car accidents. It can be difficult to go up against Uber or Lyft’s insurance company on your own. An attorney, however, can protect your legal rights and negotiate a fair settlement with an insurance provider or legal team on your behalf – allowing you to rest and heal. Your Lyft And Uber accident lawyer can investigate the crash, determine fault, collect evidence, hire crash experts, and guide you and your family through every step of the legal process.
What to Do After a Lyft or Uber Accident
Although the immediate aftermath of a rideshare accident can be chaotic and confusing, it is important to do your best to take certain steps to report the crash and get help. Take the following steps, if possible, if you get into a Lyft or Uber accident in Glendale:
- Don’t admit fault.
- Check yourself, the rideshare driver and anyone else involved in the accident for injuries.
- If there are any injuries, deaths or property damage that looks extensive, the driver legally must report the accident to the police.
- Take photographs and videos while still at the scene of the accident to serve as evidence later.
- If there are any eyewitnesses, get their names and phone numbers.
- Write down a description of the accident while it is still fresh in your memory.
- Go to a hospital in Glendale right away for medical care for your injuries.
- Report the crash to Uber or Lyft through the app or customer service line as soon as possible. You should receive a call from the rideshare company’s insurer shortly.
- When dealing with the insurance company, do not admit fault or give them a recorded statement.
- Before you rush into a fast settlement, consult with a rideshare accident attorney in Arizona for legal assistance.
Even after a minor car accident, you should report it to the police to receive a police report. The police report will contain important information, such as the date, time and location of the crash, as well as information about the Uber or Lyft vehicle. Ask for your police report number before you leave the scene.
Who Pays for a Lyft or Uber Accident?
Uber and Lyft both have $1 million insurance policies to pay for accidents caused by their drivers. Whether or not you were a passenger inside of the rideshare vehicle, this policy can pay for your losses. Uber and Lyft offer different amounts of insurance based on the phase of the ride. Phase 1, when the rideshare driver has logged into the app but has not picked up a rider, comes with up to $100,000 in bodily injury and $25,000 in property damage insurance per accident.
Phases 2 and 3, when the rideshare driver has accepted a ride and picked up a passenger, are covered by the full $1 million policy. In addition, all rideshare drivers in Arizona must carry their own personal car insurance policies. Most of these insurance claims will go through the driver’s insurance provider first, then the company for supplemental coverage, if necessary.
Consult With Our Glendale Lyft And Uber Accident Lawyers Today for Help
Help is available if you’ve been injured in a Lyft or Uber accident in Glendale, Arizona. The Lyft And Uber Accident Lawyer at Sargon Law Group can assist you with every step of the recovery process, beginning with a free initial consultation about your case. We have decades of experience and a long track record of success. Request your meeting today at (623) 225-5635 or send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.