Accidents involving rideshare vehicles can result in significant injuries, but recovering compensation is challenging. At Sargon Law Group, we are standing by to help if you need a Tempe rideshare attorney to help you recover compensation for your losses. If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, we want to help you stand up to the insurance carriers and rideshare companies.
Choose Sargon Law Group After a Rideshare Accident
- At Sargon Law Group, we have a track record of success handling complex vehicle accident claims and recovering major settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of clients.
- We handle rideshare accident claims in Tempe on a contingency fee basis, which means clients do not pay any legal fees until we recover compensation for their losses.
- When you work with our team, you will always have a direct line to your attorney for any questions or concerns you have along the way.
How Rideshare Accidents Happen in Tempe
Rideshare accidents occur in the same ways that other vehicle accidents occur – usually due to driver negligence. Rideshare drivers are not unlike the average driver– they have a driver’s license but usually no additional driver training. Some of the most common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents in the Tempe area include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Driving impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving behaviors
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Following other vehicles too closely
- Improper use of turn signal
We do want to point out that just because a crash involves a rideshare vehicle does not necessarily mean that the rideshare driver is responsible for the incident. There will need to be an extensive investigation into the crash in order to determine which driver or drivers to hold responsible.
Who Pays Compensation After a Crash?
Determining who pays crash victims involves figuring out liability. In the event a non-rideshare driver caused the crash, then that driver’s personal insurance will be responsible for compensating others involved. In the event the rideshare driver did cause the collision, there will need to be a closer examination of their status inside the Uber or Lyft app when the incident occurred. Rideshare insurance works on a tiered level, depending on whether or not they are signed into the app, and if they have a passenger in the car.
- The rideshare driver is not signed into the app to work. If they cause a collision when they are not signed in, then their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for paying compensation to victims.
- If a driver is signed into the Uber or Lyft app to work but does not yet have a passenger and is not assigned to go pick a passenger up, then Uber and Lyft provide supplemental insurance designed to kick in if the personal insurance carrier does not cover all of the expenses.
- If a driver has a passenger or is on the way to pick a passenger up, then both rideshare companies provide liability insurance policies worth more than $1 million to cover expenses for any individual involved in the collision caused by the rideshare driver.
Contact a Tempe Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
At Sargon Law Group, we don’t just handle Uber and Lyft accident cases. We’re also experienced in dealing with personal injury cases, car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death situations in Tempe.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a rideshare accident caused by the negligent actions of another party, the team at Sargon Law Group is here to help. We understand what it takes to get these claims filed properly and on time, and our goal is to make sure clients recover the best settlement or jury verdict possible. When you need a Tempe rideshare attorney, you can reach out for a free consultation by filling out our contact form or calling us at (623) 225-5635.