The number of public transit accidents reported in the United States during 2020 was 5,175. That may not seem like a lot at first glance, but consider the fact that each public transit accident can potentially result in multiple injuries to multiple people. If you become injured in a public transportation accident or incident, it’s essential to seek the advice of a trusted public transportation lawyer.
With so many different lawyers practicing in Arizona, you may be wondering how to find one who can help you with your public transportation injury case. Here are some tips for locating the right lawyer for your needs.
Understanding Transportation Law
Transportation law involves public transportation in airspace and public highways. Transportation law may apply to the following:
- Infrastructure, including railways, roads, shipping ports, bridges, airports, and trails
- Aircraft, including drones, helicopters, and planes
- Surface vehicles, including trucks, cars, buses, motorcycles, and bicycles
- Watercraft, including ships, freighters, and boats
- Railroad systems, including subways and trains
States can regulate transportation within state boundaries. They have different departments that regulate driving rules. All states share certain basic driving rules (such as which side of the road to drive on), but others may have subtle differences in their transportation laws. That’s why it’s important to hire a public transportation lawyer who is very familiar with the transportation laws in your state. Different states may have different laws regarding:
- Insurance minimums
- Safety equipment requirements
- Speed limits
- Registration regulations for private and commercial vehicles
It’s important to find a legal team that is intimately familiar with transportation laws in Arizona and specializes in helping victims seek compensation for damages and injuries through the personal injuries claim process. A firm such as Sargon Law Group can help you file a public transportation claim if you are injured or experience any damages involving public transportation.
How To Find a Good Public Transportation Lawyer
The search for a good public transportation lawyer can be intimidating, especially if you have never had to contact a lawyer before. To make your search for the ideal lawyer easier, here are some steps you can take.
- Conduct an online search, using the keyword “public transportation lawyer” in your search terms.
- Get a recommendation from a trusted business associate, relative, or friend who has utilized the services of a skilled transportation lawyer in the past.
- Check with your local bar association to get a referral.
- Talk to any lawyer you’re considering hiring before you commit to using them. You want to make sure the lawyer is a good fit for your needs and that you feel like they have your best interests in mind.
These are all steps you can take to narrow down your options and find a public transportation lawyer who will be a great fit for your needs.
Contact a Skilled Public Transportation Lawyer Today
If you find yourself in need of a public transportation lawyer, call Sargon Law Group. We are an experienced team that handles all types of personal injury cases and helps you get the compensation you need.