Data from the Arizona Department of Transportation shows that there were more than 38,000 total vehicle collisions across this jurisdiction in 2022, far outpacing any other area of the state. Out of these incidents, there were more than 10,600 injuries recorded, and 301 individuals lost their lives. What the AZDOT doesn’t show us is where these incidents most commonly occur. There are several intersections located throughout Phoenix that percent major hazards for drivers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians.
Phoenix Dangerous Intersections – Stay Cautious Here
Even though there are plenty of intersections that create issues around Phoenix, there are six that stand out. Our experienced Phoenix personal injury attorneys use provided data from the state of Arizona to help understand some of the danger spots (the number of accidents mentioned on this list is the total at each intersection from 2018 through 2022). These include:
- 99th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road, Phoenix – Noted for its heavy traffic and a roundabout, this intersection sees a high number of crashes due to the blend of commercial and residential traffic. Data shows that there were 429 accidents throughout this region during the specific time frame mentioned above.
- 75th Avenue and Indian School Road, Phoenix – Characterized by its older design and lack of modern safety features, contributing to a high number of crashes. Data indicates that there were 224 accidents here during the specified time frame.
- 67th Avenue and McDowell Road, Phoenix – This intersection is frequented by commuters trying to avoid the interstate, leading to conflicts with residential traffic. Data indicates that there were 229 accidents here during the specified time frame.
- 67th Avenue and Indian School Road, Phoenix – Located in a densely populated residential area, it becomes congested, especially during rush hours and when schools let out. Data indicates that there were 256 accidents here during the specified time frame.
- 51st Avenue and McDowell Road, Phoenix – Situated south of the interstate, this intersection combines commuter and heavy residential traffic, often resulting in crashes. Data indicates that there were 177 accidents here during the specified time frame.
- 51st Avenue and Camelback Road in Glendale – This intersection is recognized for its high crash risk. Data indicates that there were 174 accidents here during the specified time frame.
Remain cautious when driving anywhere in and around the Phoenix area. This is a congested part of the state, and more accidents happen here than anywhere else, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. In 2022, there were more than 38,000 total traffic collisions in Phoenix alone, and these incidents resulted in more than 15,600 injuries.
Contact an Attorney After an Intersection Collision
If you or somebody you care about has been involved in a collision at a dangerous intersection in Phoenix, we encourage you to contact an attorney today. A Phoenix car accident lawyer can review the facts and evidence of your case and help you determine the best steps moving forward. This could include filing an insurance claim against another party, but you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover additional compensation for your losses. Let an attorney help guide you through this process.