Phoenix Truck Accident Resources
- Why Choose Sargon Law Group
- How a Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
- Successful Case Results
- Common Truck Accident Injuries
- Determining Liability After a Truck Accident
- Compensation Available For Phoenix Truck Accident Claims
- Affording a Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix
- Areas We Serve
Our Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyers Help Clients Get Back to Pre-Accident Health
A truck accident often has devastating consequences. In addition to catastrophic injuries or fatalities from your vehicle’s occupants, you may not know what steps you need to take to protect your rights. The Phoenix truck accident lawyers at Sargon Law Group can face insurance companies and help you understand the complexities of your case. We meet with you throughout your case and explain your options every step of the way while going up against large trucking companies.
At Sargon Law Group, our team of attorneys in Arizona fight for your rights and the compensation needed to help you recover and move forward with your life. Our Phoenix truck accident lawyers have answered some of the most common questions related to commercial truck accidents and encourage you to contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your claim.
Why Choose Sargon Law Group for a Truck Accident Claim?
- At Sargon Law Group, our law firm takes pride in our service to Arizonans and their families after an injury occurs. We understand that trucking accidents occur without warning, and we have our clients’ backs throughout the entirety of their claim.
- Every client that we help will have full access to their attorney, who will be able to answer any questions or concerns that arise while the truck accident case is ongoing.
- The attorneys at our law firm have no problem taking a truck accident claim to trial if necessary to ensure that individuals recover the maximum compensation they are entitled to.
How Can a Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
Proving liability in a truck accident claim is a complex, time-consuming process. Experienced truck accident law firms have the resources to investigate a catastrophic crash thoroughly. A truck accident lawyer in Phoenix can collect evidence and documentation supporting your claim, such as:
- Traffic camera footage
- Police and accident reports
- Black box data from the truck
- Collecting and preserving evidence from the driver and trucking company
- Medical records that show the injuries you sustained in the crash
- Interviews with the healthcare professionals that treated you, detailing the severity of the damage
The commercial trucking companies involved in a truck crash often deny fault. They have teams of attorneys that may go to work immediately, ready to fight for them. This puts you at a disadvantage. Working with a skilled and experienced Phoenix truck accident lawyer at Sargon Law Group can provide you with professional legal guidance and support through your personal injury claim.
Successful Case Results
The Phoenix auto accident attorneys at Sargon Law Group have successfully helped truck accident victims recover compensation after suffering serious injuries and damages. Our team of attorneys are committed to protecting your legal rights and fighting for maximum compensation. Some notable case results include:
- $1,000,000 Settlement: Commercial truck failed to avoid vehicle at intersection. The car was totaled. Injured passenger required emergency surgery. Insurance denied coverage. Sargon Law Group fought back and secured a maximum policy limit settlement for the client.
- $400,000 Settlement: Commercial truck hit bicyclist on roadway. Company denied liability. Sargon Law Group secured records, reports, photographs and video of the scene. The evidence showed that the commercial truck was at fault. The insurance company then reached an early settlement. Sargon Law Group’s client was paid quickly without the need for litigation.
- $360,000 Settlement: Semi truck collided with multiple vehicles on the freeway. Many claims presented. Sargon Law Group was hired and helped one of the impacted families get all that they deserved.
- $350,000 Settlement: Married couple traveling with right-of-way was hit by a semi-truck. Each had serious injuries and required emergency care. Insurance company for the semi-truck fought every step of the way. Sargon Law Group forced insurance to settle before litigation.
Most Common Truck Accident Injuries
The sudden impact of a collision involving large trucks often sends a blast of adrenaline through the body. You may not realize the severity of your injuries until hours, days or weeks later. You may have a wide range of injuries, including:
- Internal injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Broken and fractured bones
- Cracked jaw and facial disfigurement
- Torn ligaments, tendons, and muscle damage
- Back and neck trauma
- Seatbelt injuries
A big rig and its empty trailer weigh approximately 35,000 pounds. Trucking laws allow for weight up to 80,000 pounds. The average passenger car weighs between 3,500 and 4,000 pounds, while motorcycles weigh considerably less. This vast difference in weight between large trucks and other motor vehicles often have disastrous consequences in a collision, whether you are on the highway or involved in a truck crash at an intersection. Victims of these truck crashes often sustain life-altering injuries.
SPINAL CORD DAMAGE
The spinal cord is the bundle of nerves that runs down the center of your back, protected by the bony vertebrae of your spinal column. It transmits information from your brain throughout your body and back. When the nerves are severed, compressed, or damaged in any way, communication between the brain and parts of your body may be disrupted.
The severity of the spinal cord injury depends on the injury location. For example, an injury to the mid-cervical spine between the skull and shoulders can affect a person’s ability to breathe. Lower damage can cause organ damage and loss of bladder control. If the spinal cord injury is incomplete, there may be some feeling or movement below the damage. If the injury is complete, there is a total loss of sensation and movement.
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
Head injuries typically have little or no outward sign of damage, making it challenging to diagnose and treat them. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is caused by a blow, bump or jolt to the head that affects routine brain functions. You may experience the effects of an injury for a few days, a few months, or the rest of your life, depending on the severity of the damage. There are several types of TBIs resulting from a commercial trucking accidents:
- Concussion – Common in high-impact automobile collisions, this injury can result from violent shaking or a direct blow to the head and may or may not cause loss of consciousness. Mild concussions could cause headaches and sensitivity to light for one to several days. However, severe concussions could disrupt oxygen flow to the brain and result in permanent damage.
- Contusion – Bruises occur when capillaries or blood vessels are damaged and leak into the surrounding tissue. Contusions are bruises that result from an impact on the head. When the bruises happen in the brain, the blood has no place to go. If it builds up, it may require surgical removal.
- Coup-Contrecoup Injury – A coup injury happens under the point of impact. A contrecoup occurs on the side opposite the impact. When a severe blow hits the skull with great force, it can cause the brain to bounce off the opposite side of the head. Multiple contusions may result and require surgery.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury – This damage typically occurs in severe whiplash cases. The brain moves slower than the skull, which results in nerve tissue tears throughout the brain. Chemicals released into the brain due to the tearing can disturb normal brain functions, potentially causing permanent damage, coma or death.
If you believe your truck accident was caused by a commercial drivers negligence, an Arizona truck accident lawyer at Sargon Law Group can evaluate your case and provide legal advice on pursuing a truck accident claim.
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident In Arizona?
When facing property damage and injuries from a commercial truck accident, holding the correct party responsible for the crash is critical. Unlike accidents involving only passenger vehicles, there are several parties who may be at fault for the collision. A commercial vehicle accident attorney has a deep understanding of trucking laws and how the various parties that may have contributed to your accident, such as the:
- Truck driver
- Owner of the truck
- Shipper or loader of the cargo
- Commercial trucking company
- Manufacturer of the truck or its parts
Semi-truck accident cases are more complex than other types of motor vehicle cases. Our Phoenix truck accident attorneys conduct investigations into the circumstances of the crash to determine what caused the accident and who is liable. You may have several options for pursuing compensation against commercial trucking companies.
Truck accident claims are often filed based on the negligence of one of the parties involved. If the truck driver lacked the experience or qualifications necessary to handle the big truck, the truck driver or trucking company might be liable. Trucking industry laws have strict requirements regarding cargo and several safety regulations. If the tractor-trailer was improperly loaded or overloaded, the shipper or cargo company might be at fault. In situations where the trucking company cut corners to make a deadline and ignored safety requirements, it may be held liable.
Truck drivers must complete logs, adhere to hours of service requirements and other state and federal regulations. If the truck was on a prohibited road, the driver violated traffic laws, did not take breaks as legally required, or was driving impaired, he or she could be responsible for the crash. A successful truck driver negligence claim encompasses a variety of elements:
- Establishing the responsible party had a duty of care
- Demonstrating that the party breached their duty by failing to act responsibly
- Proving that your injuries resulted from the breach of duty
- Showing that you suffered monetary damage due to the breach
The team at Sargon Law Group will assemble the evidence needed to build a comprehensive commercial truck accident case that illustrates the other party’s negligence was directly responsible for the crash and your injuries.
PRODUCT LIABILITY LAWSUITS
In some truck accident cases, defective products make the truck hazardous to the driver and others on the road. Commercial trucks often travel on highways, with speeds faster than 50 mph. Brake failure on a large truck can have devastating consequences. Inability to stop can result in a crash that involves the occupants of several vehicles.
Due to the size and weight of the trailers, the hitch that connects it to the truck must be in good working condition before the truck begins moving. If it fails and the trailer disconnects, it can crush anything in its path.
Any component that causes the driver to lose control of the truck can collide with vehicles, buildings, and other nearby objects. If your accident was caused by faulty equipment, a Phoenix product liability attorney can work with your to ensure you get the medical care you need and fight for a settlement that covers your losses and expenses.
WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
Financial compensation can’t bring back a loved one killed in a truck accident. However, if someone else’s recklessness or negligence caused a loved one’s death, a wrongful death lawsuit may help you obtain maximum compensation for you to recover financially and provide closure.
You could file a wrongful death claim if the loved one was a spouse or partner, sibling, child, or another financially dependent person. A lawsuit of this type is a way to file a claim for a person who would have had grounds for a personal injury claim if they had survived. If a truck accident resulted in a fatality, you must prove that the party involved was negligent.
A wrongful death lawsuit is a civil action and not related to any criminal proceedings that may be a consequence of the accident investigation. You can file a claim with help from an experienced wrongful death attorney in Phoenix, but only the government can charge someone with a crime.
Types of Compensation Available For Truck Accidents in Phoenix
Individuals pursuing claims against a truck company or truck driver may be able to recover various types of compensation for their losses. At Sargon Law Group, our team works diligently to recover both economic and non-economic losses on behalf of every client that we help.
- Economic damages. We can refer to these as special damages, and this pertains to the types of losses that we can calculate by using medical bills or receipts after a truck accident occurs. This includes compensation for losses such as:
- All expenses for medical treatment
- Compensation for physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Coverage of prescription medications or medical devices
- Various out-of-pocket losses a victim endures
- Property damage expenses
- Non-economic damages. We can refer to these as general damages, and this pertains to more immeasurable losses truck accident victims in Phoenix are likely to endure. This includes the physical pain and suffering a person sustains as a result of the incident as well as emotional and psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
In some instances, punitive damages may also be awarded. These types of damages are not awarded in every claim, as they are reserved for situations where the conduct of the defendant was found to be grossly negligent or reckless. Punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant and send a message to anyone else, in this case other truck drivers and trucking companies, that the types of actions displayed in this case are not acceptable.
There is no set amount of compensation paid to truck accident victims, but there are various factors that can influence how much a person receives. These factors include the severity of the injuries, how long it takes a person to recover, the level of property damage, whether or not there was any shared fault, and more.
How to Afford a Phoenix Truck Accident Attorney
Many individuals assume they cannot afford a truck accident lawyer in Phoenix. However, when crash victims come to Sargon Law Group, they should know that we take claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients will not have to worry about any upfront costs related to their claim, as we handle all of this on their behalf. Additionally, clients will pay zero legal fees until after we successfully recover compensation for their losses. If we do not win the truck accident case, our clients will pay absolutely no legal fees at all.
“I was in accident last year and it was horrible and traumatic experience. The person made a left hand turn in front of me and my car was totaled. I was in pain constantly. My friend introduced to Sargon and he was beyond understanding and walked me through the entire process. I had never been in accident before and he made it a smooth process. Sargon and the Sargon Law Group team were very professional and always responsive. They went above and beyond on my case. I felt like family and I was beyond satisfied with my settlement. I would recommend Sargon and Sargon Law Group to anyone in an accident.”
– Kara K.
Areas We Serve
At Sargon Law Group, our Phoenix truck accident attorneys provide legal representation for victims who have suffered from an accident across Phoenix, AZ and surrounding areas. The lawyers at our law firm are committed to serving clients with truck accident claims in areas including:
Downtown Phoenix | North/Northwest Phoenix | South Phoenix | Story | Uptown | Eastlake Park | Garfield | Good Samaritan | Grandview | Homeland | Los Olivos | Maryvale Village | Moon Valley | West Acres | West Phoenix | Alhambra | Alta Vista | Arcadia | Central City | Central City South | Coronado | Willo | Woodlea
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney in Phoenix Today
Our Phoenix truck accident attorneys may consult with accident reconstructionists and other professionals with specialized training. Our Arizona personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means we only get paid if your claim is successful. Contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. The experienced team of truck accident lawyers at Sargon Law Group can assess your situation and handle all of the legal issues while you focus on your recovery. Call our law firm to discuss your options today at (623) 225-5635.