Talking with an Arizona personal injury lawyer is an important first step when you’ve been injured in an accident and don’t know where to turn. Whether you are injured due to a car accident, medical malpractice, a workplace incident, or another event, you need an attorney to look at the facts of your case and determine how to proceed.
Personal injury cases are typically complex legal matters that require a skilled and knowledgeable lawyer to handle the many critical details. It is a good plan to have a list to review for your first meeting. It should include necessary information, documents and questions you want to cover in the consultation. These are essential items to include on your checklist.
Give Incident Details to Your Arizona Injury Lawyer
At your case review, it is essential to have these pieces of information regarding the event that caused your injury:
- Incident details, including the date, time, names of persons involved, and witnesses
- Ambulance service contact information
- Hospital contact information
- Contact details for the emergency room physician
- Contact information for physicians or medical professionals that provide you with post-emergency care
- Insurance company contact details
Tell the attorney during your meeting if another party’s insurance company has contacted you and provide the insurance representative’s contact information.
A thorough list of documents is critical to have for your initial visit. Organizing by categories helps you keep track of all the materials related to the event.
These are medical items you should bring to your appointment:
- Bills from hospitals and emergency and primary care physicians
- Bills for physical or occupational therapy services
- Bills for chiropractic care
- Medical reports describing emergency care, diagnoses, and ongoing treatment needs
- Medications, including both prescriptions and over-the-counter meds
Your Arizona injury lawyer may request other information as needed for your case.
Make sure to add documentation on these insurance policies to your checklist:
- Major medical
If your injuries are the result of a car accident, it is important to understand that Arizona is both an at-fault insurance state and a pure comparative negligence state, which can both affect how much you can recover in damages. Your attorney knows how to fight for your rights when the negligent actions of another party cause you harm.
These are essential items used to support your case:
- Police reports
- Insurance investigation reports
- Written statements by witnesses to the incident
Thorough documentation is critical for proving liability in any insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
It is a good idea to ask an Arizona injury lawyer about the legal process and how your case will be handled. These are common questions:
- How many personal injury cases does the firm handle?
- What is their success rate for recoveries?
- What issues might affect your case?
- How long could it take to settle or win?
- How are fees handled?
These are fundamental questions that you can add to, given the specifics of your situation.
Talk With an Experienced Arizona Injury Lawyer
Sargon Law Group is the firm you need to help you with a personal injury claim. An Arizona injury lawyer protects your rights and works to get you fair compensation. Contact us for a free case consultation.